Elinor Edward was to marry a Richard Roberts in November 1813, one of the witnesses to the marriage being her brother David Thomas. At the time Richard Roberts was a labourer but, having tried farming, later became a weaver at Tyddyn y Fuches and later still at Penygroes in Upper Corris. They had at least eight children
J Arthur Williams who wrote the history -'Trem yn Ol' [‘A Backward Glance’] - of the Corris area and Talyllyn parish, was born and brought up in Penygroes (Head of the Cross). He is dismissive of the subsequent owner: "a Scottish doctor who, when he changed the name of the old house to Pen-y-Cwm (Head of the Valley), probably did not know that there used to be a crossroad nearby."
1826 On 4th March 1826 the daughter of Elinor was baptised on the same day as one of her brother's children and her child was named Elizabeth.
1841 census shows head of Househld David Thomas, farmer aged 60, Sarah Rees age 85, David Roberts age 13 male servant (who must have been a son of Elinor), Sara Thomas age 16 female servant.
1851 Census shows another child of Elinor, Hugh Roberts, living as a servant with his uncle David Thomas
Edward Thomas 1748, her father